Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Trevi at Night

The Trevi Fountain at night is a site you must see. Many of the sites here in Rome are beautiful during the day but really come alive at night. For me The Trevi Fountain is at its peak when it is dark out. After finally visiting it at night this past week I feel even more in love with it, although I didn’t think it was possible. The lights shining off of the different statues with the shadows really give it an antique feel. I also love it at night because there aren’t crowds of people. During the day there are so many people it’s hard to even get a picture in front of the fountain by yourself. At night you have the freedom to stand wherever you want and really admire its beauty. Being there with a group of friends is really a great experience, and I recommend taking a favorite bottle of wine and enjoying a summer night at The Trevi Fountain.

No comments: