Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fish and Chips

Since my blogs have expanded to a wider range of food in general rather than just pasta, you have been able to see all of the different food from each country that they are pretty much known for. This weekend when I went to London, I knew that fish and chips, was their famous food choice. My friends who I was visiting have been living there for about five weeks now and advised us to get this meal for a cheap lunch from one of the vendors around the London Tower. This was a great decision, because the meal included a huge piece of fried cod, and large serving of chips, which are thick French fries. Although, I have heard of fish and chips in the US everyone says it’s just not the same until you have them in England. This is totally true. It must be the kind of batter they use and they way they fry the fish, because it was so tasty for anyone’s budget. You have to try vinegar and salt as well which really brings it all together. I can’t wait to try some fish and chips at home and see how it really compares.

No comments: