Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spain's Pride and Joy, Paella!


As my blog has expanded to all different foods it is appropriate to tell you about one of the most delicious dishes I have had yet. I am sad to say this is not an Italian dish but rather a Spanish dish which I had in Barcelona. Spain is known for their Paella. Paella is a dish consisting of rice and either all seafood or a mix of seafood and meat, with spicy seasonings. The dish is made in a large frying pan almost and is served in the pan it is prepared in. It is usually made big enough to share with 2-4 people. I had the dish with two other people and it more than filled us. It was a great change from pasta and was absolutely delicious. I have definitely heard of this dish in the U.S. but never tried it. I’m not sure exactly where you can get it but I think some research is deserved so I can enjoy it at home as well as in Spain.

No comments: