Monday, June 2, 2008

Escargot, a huge 2 Thumbs up!


Being in Italy you get into a routine of the P’s; pizza, pasta, and paninis. It’s hard to get out of that routine because the other dishes are more expensive and on a college student’s budget it’s not that easy to splurge. So the good thing about traveling is you feel like you’re only in that place once so you might as well splurge on the things that are worth it. For me being in France means trying their different food. One of my choices of different food was definitely trying the Escargot. I had it once before on a cruise ship but I was very young and couldn’t remember the taste. At the first restaurant I went to I decided I had to try it, if it was on the menu, and it was! When it finally came I was a little puzzled by the instruments given to you to use to get the little snails out of their shells. It was actually a lot of fun learning a new way to eat something and the right way. The first bite just melted in my mouth. The sauce was absolutely delicious. They were hot and had a very meaty texture. Many people think they are very chewy, but I didn’t think that at all. I could say they are an equivalent of mussels in America but much classier, of course everything in Paris is classy. In the end, I definitely recommend the escargot especially if you are an adventurous eater like myself.

No comments: