Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Curly Fettuccine!

This past weekend I attended the weekly Sunday market of El Mercato de Testaccio. This is a market filled with clothing, accessories, home appliances, food, and much more. While walking through the market I made a lot of purchases one being some home made dried pasta from a food vendor. The man was selling all homemade products that he had packaged himself. He had tons of different pastas so I knew I had to choose one to take home and try myself. I decided to choose one that looked like little round bunches of pasta. When I boiled them they unraveled and came out to be long strands of curly fettuccine. I was very happy with my purchase because I had had this type of pasta once before at home but am not able to find very often. The pasta tasted fresh and doughy, which I liked. It definitely tasted home made. I paired the pasta with pesto sauce and a dash of balsamic vinegar. The end result was very yummy, and one I will take home with me. I just hope I can find this pasta at home!

No comments: