Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Different type of Macy's


When you are in America you take many things for granted. When it comes to shopping in Italy you would never think to miss any stores at home, but one thing I have come to realize is there are no one stop shopping types of places. The closest thing I found was a store called ZARA. When I walked in it was much bigger than I expected. There were three or four floors all of different clothing. There was a women’s department, a men’s department, and a children’s department. The women’s department has a couple different sections, one for older women, one for working women, one for just fun clothes, and one for younger women. I really liked this store there was a wide variety of clothing at decent prices. There were some pieces a bit more expensive than they needed to be but that happens everywhere. Being in this store reminded me of being in Macy’s back home, and I thought this must be the closest thing they have to a store like Macy’s. I did not see a section for your Home, but on their website online they have home furnishings for sale. ZARA is just another example of the beautiful fashion in Rome.


No comments: