Sunday, May 18, 2008

Make a Wish!


Ahhh, the famous Trevi Fountain. I can not explain in words how excited I was once I could see with my own eyes this amazing piece of artwork and history. After talking to so many people before I came to Rome I knew of the famous legend that if you throw a coin in the fountain behind your shoulder and wish to come back to Rome you will! So as soon as i got there i got my coin out, turned around and threw it over my shoulder wishing to come back. After i did that, i knew it would come true no matter how many years it takes me. How could i not come back to this breathtaking city? After the coin toss, I stood around in different areas looking at the fountain, looking at the beautiful blue skies above us with the puffy white clouds rolling by. I thought maybe this is what heaven looks like. When you look up and understand how big this fountain is and see the white marble against the bright blue background it is unlike something you have ever seen before.

No comments: