Monday, May 19, 2008

Dinner at Home


While in Rome you can walk the streets and see fresh produce, meat, and cheese everywhere. I'm sure your first thought is to go out to eat because the restaurants are so amazing here, but making dinner in your own house is just as good and much less expensive. My favorite pasta is Rigatoni and walking through the market you get many new ideas on what to add to your pasta whether it be the sauce or ingredients. I have found a sauce that was in a jar in the market. It is pesto alla calabresse. I think this is a pesto sauce made of peppers. I also added fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. Once i finished putting it all together, i tasted it and wow is all i can say! It was absolutely delicious, I could not believe I made this dish all on my own! So for the sake of saving money and being a bit adventurous, try out your own creation on a budget! You will be satisfied.

No comments: