Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Spend Wisely...




While walking around Rome I have seen many boutiques and cute clothing stores that I have wanted to check out. Last week I decided to check out a store called TEBE. This was a very stylish, trendy store with decent prices. If I lived here in Rome and used the Euro as currency the prices would be fairly cheap. The problem is I use the dollar at home and the exchange rate is so bad the prices at this store seem to look a little pricier. On the other hand I really enjoyed their clothes, there were many pieces that I felt I could find at home in America but then again there were some other pieces that I knew only getting them here would be the wise choice. The one piece I fell in love with was a leather motorcycle jacket. I have been looking for one at home for a long time and would settle for fake leather just because I like the style of the jacket. At this store they had a jacket that was the exact style I wanted and in real Italian leather. That is what caught my eye; the real Italian leather. At home I have always heard Italy is the place to get leather. I have noticed the do sell it all over the place here. I even passed by shop one day where I saw a man hand making a leather bag in the store. Anyways the jacket I wanted was in five different colors! I have decided to make a promise to myself to spend my money for the rest of the trip as I need to and if I have enough I will go back to this store and buy my dream jacket. Isn't Rome the place where dreams come true?

No comments: