Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mens Jeans, a little different in Roma

As you walk through the streets of Rome it usually is very easy to tell an American from an Italian. This is especially easy with men. The men here in Italy tend to care much more about their clothes and appearance. I have noticed that most of them style their hair in the morning and their clothes are also much more polished. I see many men wearing pants that are a lot tighter and form fitting. Their jeans are usually designer and do not hang like many American men's jeans. The more professional men seem to wear nicely fitted suites and fitted dress shirts and black pants. Another thing I have noticed is most young men in America seem to wear baggy comfortable clothes to go to class or do many things throughout the day. Here this is not the case. I have not seen any Italian men in sports wear during the day at all. In my opinion I like to see them dressed nicely in clothes that fit. The men's style in America is getting way past the point of baggy. I think they should take a lesson from the Italians and try out a new style.

No comments: